Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"A Fond Farewell"

Oh, Elliott, my beloved Elliott Smith, if only you could realize your impact, its been 5 long years, today, without your honest beauty and soft voice, 5 years of hoping that you've finally found the happiness that so eluded you in life, I could never explain in words how you've affected me, and I wouldn't even dare try, because the words could never give the feeling justice, I owe you so much more than I can even express. You are truly one of the only people that understood the artist value of your words and you never forgot that, your music captivated an entire generation, held it, and it wouldn't let it go, unfortunately for us we will no longer get the chance to be in your presence, and share your wisdom. You knew the real world and you wrote fairly and bluntly, you sugarcoated nothing, and let your listeners decide for themselves the meaning of your words, you gave everyone a chance to be involved in your life, and your heart was big, you actually cared, even when it became to hard to care about yourself, you have a wonderful soul, and it puts shame to others. While I write this, I listen to your music, your words, your beautiful melodies with the gentle picking of your fingers on the strings, and it brings a tear to my eye, not because I'm sad, but because I want to thank you, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart and with every emotion I'm able to muster for being you, and for being honest, and for being there.

Hey, Elliott "I'm never gonna know you now, but I'm gonna love you anyhow"

xo

No comments: