Thursday, November 27, 2008

And I'm Thankful For..

Nothing? But that's not fair is it? I'm thankful for everything and anything, the good and the bad, I have absolutely no reason to not be thankful, but today, on the day that we are supposed to look back through life and realize what we truly are thankful for, my mind goes blank, not because I'm ungrateful, I just can't seem to get past my bad vibe tonight, I think its mostly because I feel the oncoming anguish that is sickness and all its mercilessness, or the fact my mind feels as if its staged a mutiny to the rest of my body, being completely unresponsive and impatient, only to be compared to Richard Ashcroft leaving The Verve, or the south succeeding from the union. See, it's bad, I'm speaking only in analogies, help me. But the truth is, I am thankful, I'm thankful for life, even when I'm not so thankful for it, I'm thankful for my insane family, because I could never express it enough how much they mean to me, and hey, I'm even thankful for my mind, and all its offbeat ways of thinking, even when it decides to go a-wall on me... like Jack Nicholson in The Shinning.

(Alright, I'm done)


Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

This One said...

I am all about being grateful for whats good in our life. But I am one of the few who thinks its important to know what we are ungrateful for. Obviously life is a spiraling hurricane containg extremes of good and bad. I see people who see the glass as half full, are drowning in blissful ignorance. And if it werent for the bad, and all was good everything would be whited out and we wouldnt see anything. And peoples imperfections are beautiful, and adds color to the rainbow. Some things in life are just out right wrong but are overlooked due to inconvience and lack of responsibility for the world we live in. Also with lots of pains comes strength so we must thank our struggles for making adults out of us. I could drag on but I wont. Peace and love